- 2009-2012, Bethel College, Graduated with Honors:
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts, with concentrations in Interpreting, ASL/Deaf Studies and Ministry
- Associate of Arts, ASL/Deaf Studies
- 1999-2000, Columbus State Community College: American Sign Language Interpreting
- 1989-2008, Various IT Training Centers: Database Systems, Microsoft Products, CMM Quality
- 1984-1986, Mount Vernon Nazarene College (now University): General Studies, Ministry
- IT/Admin – database design & development; SQL scripting; system requirements collection & clarification, ambiguity identification, technical writing; level one troubleshooting & resolution, client support & instruction in Microsoft Office products, custom applications and other software; data analysis, data entry, typing, filing, reporting, proofreading, reception; quality assurance through procedural compliance; organization, meeting facilitation, research, data cleaning & reconciliation
- Languages – expert fluency in spoken & written English, conversant in American Sign Language
- Ministry – clown, vocalist, writer, youth leader, Sunday School teacher, Bible expositor, personal care
- Other – cashier, customer service, inventory reconciliation, child/elder/pet/home care, MR/DD client assistance, non-apparel sewing, topical instruction
Familiar Industries: automotive service contracts, motor fuel taxation, industrial inventory management, construction & remodeling, grocery & retail, government operations, broadband network operations, ministry
- 2013-Present, Silent Blessings Deaf Ministries, Anderson, IN: Ministry Associate, versatile support
- 2012-2013, Mosaic, Granger, IN: Direct Support Associate, serving clients with developmental disabilities
- 2009-2011, Kroger Grocery, Mishawaka, IN: Cashier, Front End Supervisor, Customer Service Desk Attendant
- 2009, Private Employment, Mishawaka, IN: Database/Transition Consultant for NAC
- 2003-2008, National Auto Care, Westerville, OH: Systems Integration Specialist, Database Administrator
- 2000-2003, Quick Solutions, Westerville, OH: Database Consultant
- 1997-2000, Renaissance Consulting, Westerville, OH: Database Consultant
- 1989-1997, DLA Systems Design Center, Columbus, OH: Secretary, Programmer, Quality Assurance Specialist
- 1987-1989, Cardinal Industries, Columbus, OH: Receptionist, Mail Clerk, Supplies Clerk
- 1987-1990, Private Employment, Columbus, OH: Personal Assistant
- 1986-1987, Big Bear Grocery, Columbus, OH: Delicatessen Clerk
- 1986-1986, Endicott Insurance Agency, Pataskala, OH: Receptionist, Cold Calls Clerk
- 1986-1986, (Rockwell International), Columbus OH: Contract Staff for Inventory Reconciliation
- 1986-1986, Hallmark Retail, Columbus OH: Sales Clerk & Customer Service
- 1984-1986, MVNC Cafeteria, Mount Vernon, OH: Dish Room Worker
- 1982-1984, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Columbus, OH: Sales Clerk & Customer Service
- 2013-Present, Ministry Associate (Missionary), Silent Blessings Deaf Ministries
- 2013-Present, Intermittently-Active Member, DaybreakChurch of Christ in Christian Union
- 2013-Present, Intermittently-Active Member, Deaf Michiana Missionary Church
- 2011-2013, Personal transportation and errand services
- 2011-2013, In-home one-on-one Bible Studies
- 2009-2013, Resident Clown, Deaf Michiana Missionary Church (DMMC)
- 2009-2013, Active Member, Deaf Michiana Missionary Church
- 1978-2013, Intermittently-Active Member, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 2010-2011, Children’s Sunday School Teacher (rotation), Deaf Michiana Missionary Church
- 2008, Young Adult Sunday School Teacher, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 2007-2008, Nazarene Youth International (NYI) President, Church Board Member, District Delegate
- 2004-2008, Coach, “Inspirational Sign Squad” and Drama/Human Video teams, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 2004-2008, Youth Mentor and Interim Leader, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 2003-2006, Offering Counters Board Member, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 2003, Work & Witness Team Member at Sun Valley Arizona, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 2001-2003, Participating Congregant, Liberty Baptist Church of the Deaf
- 1994-2008, Resident Clown, Whitehall Church of the Nazarene
- 1994-1998, Active Member, DCSC Clown Corps
- 1991-1992, Caravan Teacher, Kindergarten & Middle School, Pataskala Church of the Nazarene
- 1985-1986, Children’s Sunday School Teacher, New Albany First Church of the Nazarene
- 1982, Church Planting Team Member & Puppeteer, Pickerington Church of the Nazarene
References & contact information provided upon request
————————————- EXPANSION ————————————-
Serve America’s deaf and hard of hearing population as a missionary and facilitator/advocate:
I am a member of Silent Blessings Deaf Ministries, headquartered in Anderson, IN. I support our mission to reach deaf and hard of hearing children and their families with knowledge of scripture and salvation through Jesus Christ. Additionally, I would like to provide support and assistance in promoting understanding and improvement of emergency preparedness and response systems and securing education and/or employment, either in an advisory capacity, job training, interview preparation, and/or interpreter coordination.
Utilize accumulated skills to earn income:
Though I prefer employment in deaf services, I am available and qualified for business consulting, IT support, secretarial, reception, and/or retail. I learn quickly, have a strong attention to detail, and the ability to identify potential issues and solutions before they become real problems. I have frequently taken the initiative to increase efficiency within my realm of work, with positive results for surrounding personnel and/or departments. I naturally develop a good rapport and cooperation with most generations, cultures, and mindsets.
Correspond with fans of the Dr Wonder’s Workshop series and those making requests or inquiries to Silent Blessings Deaf Ministries. Present the case for deaf ministries to hearing persons and congregations. Participate in bringing a new Vacation Bible School curriculum to churches seeking to reach deaf children and families in their communities. Support various ongoing production and administrative needs of Silent Blessings through research & development, video translation & initial editing, audio & captioning, admin support, and public interaction at deaf events.
Serve clients with developmental/intellectual disabilities by providing oversight and support for living activities such as transportation, budget, food preparation, and personal care, as well as identifying and providing opportunities for new experiences and relationships in the community. Clientele includes deaf persons and others who use some form of sign/gestural language for communication.
Kroger Grocery –
Process customer orders by scanning groceries, identifying issues with packaging, exercising care with fragile items and/or products that should remain separate (ie, ready-to-eat foods, raw meats, pest control & cleaning supplies), exchanging various forms of payment including WIC and EBT, change distribution, and product bagging. Oversight and assistance for cashier and bagging staff, directing activities such as breaks, break coverage, clean-up, customer assistance requests, and additional cashier & bagging support as needed. Customer Service Desk operations, including refunds and other customer concerns, Western Union sales & disbursements, lottery sales & disbursements, financial accounting, closing reports and secure lock-up. Worked extra shifts as needed to retag shelves for pricing changes, stock and arrange products, and identify & remove expired products. Continuously identify misplaced products or other issues requiring staff attention, resolving or delegating as appropriate.
National Auto Care (Extended Service Contracts; employed directly and as a Quick Solutions consultant) –
Develop & modify SQL Server 7 and SQL Server 2000 queries and stored procedures; administer SQL Server databases. Key team member in major conversion/migration project for primary business application and development of web based contract submission and business management system. Design multi-dimensional rates management system & develop related tables, stored procedures, and reports output for same. Facilitate and document detailed requirements clarification sessions. Provide user support and instruction for interrelated commercial applications, Microsoft Office products, and custom business operation software. Data cleaning & consolidation, and development of SQL based tools to enable users to identify & clean redundant data. Research and reporting on business and/or data anomalies, aggregation and reporting on multi-year financial and sales data for trend analysis and executive reporting, and development of SQL based tools to enable executives to independently conduct research on aggregated data. Served as liaison between user requests, management approval, and development team to ensure needs were met while maintaining time and budget constraints. Identified issues and potential solutions during design and development.
Renaissance Worldwide (Computer Consulting Firm) –
Developed/administered three secured multi-user statistical reporting systems and a provisioning trouble tracking system for associates and various levels of management. Developed an automated reporting & document generation system using Crystal Reports and SQL Stored procedures. Reverse engineered primary business system developed in Enable Integrated Software, interpret procedural language code. Facilitate and document detailed requirements clarification meetings. Led team development of training administration application using MS Access, developed & modified SQL Server 7 queries and stored procedures; administered SQL Server database.
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA ) System Design Center (DSDC) –
Designed/Developed/Administered Secured Multi-user Database Application to manage Software Quality Assurance efforts on multiple projects. Key team member in the establishment of the Software Quality Assurance office; developing and revising Software Quality Assurance procedures according to Capability Maturity Model (CMM) guidelines. Provided non-audit support to projects, including participation in Requirements Clarification sessions and weekly project status meetings. Performed reviews and audits of projects to verify compliance to established standards and procedures; provided Feedback to Project Teams and all levels of Management. Provided Training on the principles of the Capability Maturity Model, specifically as related to Software Quality Assurance. Gathered requirements, designed and developed new Administrative applications, including an employee skills & training database, network trouble reporting & resolution tracking system , automated clerical forms completion and tracking system. Revised existing Administrative applications per user requirements. Provided user support for Internal and Commercial Applications. Resolved local and remote problems with computers and communication software/hardware in a help desk environment; provided user support in person and via telephone. Served as secretary, providing administrative support to supervisor and four work teams; provided coverage for higher level secretary as needed.
Cardinal Industries (Modular Home Manufacturing) –
Receptionist, received & routed calls on an 8-line phone system, greeted visitors & addressed basic business-related inquiries. Provided administrative support to four departments. Served in factory/warehouse locations as well as several apartment community offices. Received & fulfilled printing orders for catalogs, advertising, and investment materials. Received & fulfilled office supply requests, tracking inventory and usage levels. Received, sorted, and routed mail for local complex & various offsite locations, making deliveries as needed.
Personal Assistant –
Provided clerical and bookkeeping assistance to an elderly couple, organized documents & tax materials, prepared annual holiday cards. Prepared formal invitations and thank you cards for a special event. Provided companionship, comfort care and light errands during the decline of the wife into Alzheimer’s Disease and the unexpected hospital stay of the husband.
Big Bear Grocery –
Deli Clerk, received & fulfilled customer requests for meats, cheeses, and prepared foods. Maintained clean work and service areas, adhered to applicable laws & policies regarding food presentation, handling, and service. Responsible for final cleaning and closing of the deli area as well as preparing food goods for the next days’ business. Assisted in the bakery department as needed, receiving & recording custom orders and preparing un-frosted cakes received in shipment for the next days’ business.
Endicott Insurance Agency –
Receptionist, received & routed calls, greeted visitors & addressed basic business-related inquiries. Placed follow-up calls and cold calls to potential customers with short questionnaires regarding their insurance needs, service and satisfaction. Provided some assistance with light filing and typing.
Rockwell International (Airplane Manufacturing) –
Inventory Reconciliation, contracted to independently examine computer generated lists of unsatisfied or mismatched inventory records regarding the location and identification numbers of tools and jigs throughout the facility. Traced through files, interviews, and physical search to identify pieces that needed to be moved, relabeled, or have their paper files corrected. Generated work requests and supporting documentation for necessary changes.
Hallmark Retail –
Cashier, processed customer purchases, received variety of payments & provided change, maintained store displays, provided customer assistance.
MVNC Cafeteria –
Received, sorted, and processed used dishes, loaded and unloaded industrial dishwasher, cleaned dishroom for next shift.
Rite Aid Pharmacy –
Cashier, processed customer purchases, received variety of payments & provided change, maintained store displays, provided customer assistance.
Missionary to the Deaf:
Actively pursue positive relationships with deaf people, encourage and support their understanding of scripture and the person of Jesus Christ. Correspond with fans of the Dr Wonder’s Workshop series and those making requests or inquiries to Silent Blessings Deaf Ministries. Present the case for deaf ministries to hearing persons and congregations. Participate in bringing a new Vacation Bible School curriculum to churches seeking to reach deaf children and families in their communities. Support various ongoing production and administrative needs of Silent Blessings.
Transportation from home to appointments, shopping and errands on regular, scheduled, or on-call basis. Assist with home chores, computer troubleshooting & education, and child or pet care. Work through scriptures according to the reader’s pace and preference, providing clarification, background, followup information and/or present day applications as available or requested. Irregular visitation and check-in for status updates and encouragement, or to provide information and resources applicable to ongoing topics, both local and long-distance. Prayerfully attentive to concerns, offering resources, recommendations, and direct assistance as available.
Instructed teens in the performance of choreographed signed renditions of contemporary Christian music, winning several youth talent competitions and leading three to pursue studies for interpreting careers. Developed and taught curriculum for transition from High School to College & Career. Available on-call for discussion, counsel, and encouragement on a variety of life issues, for youth from my church, surrounding churches, and others on the district. Served as adult chaperone and/or transportation to youth events and activities. Served as interim youth leader between staff youth pastors.
Sunday School/Caravan Teacher:
Taught scriptures, stories, and application according to assigned curriculum. Prepared and provided additional resources and learning activities applicable to the lessons.
Responsible, with assigned partner, to count and record incoming funds and specific designations as applicable.
Entertain and/or support instruction as one of two distinct clown characters. Participate with one or more clowns (or non-clown instructor) in presenting skits for fun or education in health & hygiene, manners, or gospel application. Represent church or organization in parades and festivals. Develop and/or modify skits for the situation or the quantity and personas of available clowns. One clown is non-speaking, communicating successfully through gestures and/or light ASL. Skills include balloon twisting, face painting, safe hugs, bubble play, stories, and standard clown hi-jinks & blunders.
Participated in a team that set up and conducted three Vacation Bible School sessions daily for a week, presenting the new church to the community through stories, puppets, music, crafts, and light snacks.